Saturday, May 15, 2010
Bisou - best new SF restaurant
I am breaking a cardinal rule of mine and spilling the beans on an amazing, yet-unexploited SF dining spot.
But only because it's so good. I'd say it's the best new restaurant in SF. The Yelp reviews agree too.
It's an awesome little French bistro with a modern chic vibe in the Castro called Bisou.
I can't sing enough praises for this place. The food is simple but scrumptious. The prices are very reasonable. The drink selection is varied and well-chosen. And the desserts come with beautiful sugar ornaments!
Nick Ronan, thank you for outdoing yourself and creating this adorable new spot. And thank your amazing wait staff for being so friendly. At dinner here last Sunday, we were gifted with champagne on the house, and a custom-made steak tartare heart. The service is lovely - warm and welcoming. And the entire three course experience came for under $40 a person.
Things you should definitely order while you're here:
- Ernst&Co Pinotage - rich blackberry flavors without the funky nose that these South African wines can have
- KBA Kobe Steak Tartare - the picture says it all
- Beef Bourguignon - Julia Child would swoon
- Frites - delicious, if you can order them before they run out!
- Desserts - try them all (but if you must pick one, definitely try the chocolate carresse, shown above)
So there you have it, one of my best secrets, no longer kept. Now before the place gets so booked it's impossible to get a table, check it out.
2367 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94114